Hello, thank you for your interest in the tribute book for Laura. The original idea was to give her a book with photos and funny stories from her friends and family. Now, however, the book will still be made as a memorial to our dear friend, wife, sister and daughter. I know I’ve been working on it for a while and it’s really been great to see Laura in so many peoples’ stories. You too can read it in its entirety at her upcoming memorial. More copies — with more people — will be printed later. You will be able to purchase them, and the proceeds will go to the Liz and Laura Foundation.
The idea stems from a magazine I found that Laura thought was neat. Each person will answer questions about their life and Laura’s. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below or e-mail me (email@example.com). Just copy and paste the following questions into an e-mail to me.
Photos are also important. To make deadline for the printing by the memorial service, please e-mail me your photos. However, if you would like me to take a photo of you to run in the final printed version, we can arrange that for a later day.
Deadline for e-mailed photos and surveys is this Saturday, Oct. 30.
Thank you for your participation.
Answer at least these few questions:
My name is _________________.
I am ___ years old.
I was born in _____________________
I now live in _________________.
I first met Laura _____________________________________________________
My favorite thing Laura has ever made or done for me: ___________________________ ____________________________________________________.
I remember one time __________________________________________________
One word to describe Laura ________________.
Laura has taught me __________________________________________________
How do you take your coffee? ___________________________________________.
Your name and phone number: _________
Answer as many of the following as you would like:
- What’s your ocupation?
- Describe a typical day in your life.
- How do you like your eggs?
- What is your favorite thing to craft/create?
- My favorite thing in Laura’s house is …
- Laura surprised me most when …
- Describe a powerful memory of yours?
- Describe a great night you once had?
- Describe one of your biggest influences.
- How would Laura describe you?
- When I think of Laura, I think …
- If you were an art utensil, what would you be and why?
- What would you like to have done in the next 10 years?
- If I could do it all again differently, I would change …
- What was your best Halloween costume?
- French wine or Mexican beer?
- Boxers or briefs?
- Plaid or stripes?
- Boots or sneakers?
- Night owl or early bird?
- French fries or milkshake?
- Cat or dog?
- Beads or jewels?
- Painting or sculpture?
- If I could give Laura one gift (no money limitations), I would give her:
- Laura has taught me …
- Sweet or savory?
That’s all. Now just copy and paste the text in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re struggling to come up with ideas for answers to your questions, here a few examples. Remember, details and specifics are the most fun to read. You can answer with one word or in paragraphs. (The following answers are from a magazine based on food; Laura’s are more based on her own life and interests).